Discover what's inside!
What is NxStage®* System One?
System One is a portable hemodialysis system with an interface, that allows for easier set-up and is designed for use at home. It provides flexibility to make home hemodialysis (HHD) a practical reality.
Zooming into the System
NxStage® System One offers two dialysate sources. The first one is via PureFlow SL, in which a batch of dialysate can be prepared directly at home and warmed up for the treatment. The second one is via dialysate bags as an alternative for home patients, to avoid the installation of a reverse osmosis system or PureFlow SL.
Home HD treatments with NxStage® System One are supported by a custom designed cartridge, that is called the Cartridge Express and includes the integrated dialyser and bloodlines, which facilitates an easier set-up.
- Reduced risk for user errors related to dialyzer connections due to the connection of the dialyzer to the cartridge during manufacturing
- Reduced risk of touch point contamination sites
- Simpler, less time-consuming stocking levels for inventory management2
NxStage® System One cycler is the heart of the home hemodialysis treatment. It contains blood and fluid pumps, system controls, and sensors that target to provide an effective, reliable treatment, supported by integrated safety features.
The cycler is operated via a user interface, which may contribute to shorten the necessary training time for patients.4 It‘s compact design enables movability and gives patients the flexibility to dialyze wherever they prefer.
- Short training times and quicker therapy initiation4
- Dialysis schedule that fits patients' lifestyles
- Ease of use via a simple user interface and cartridge operations1
Dialysis fluid from PureFlow SL
Creates dialysate using a combination of tap water and a concentrate at the point of care.
- Easy installation, an electrical outlet and a water tap connection are all that are required for operation
- Generally, no special plumbing modification are required, depending on the individual home situation3
(Electrical and plumbing requirements are subject to local regulations)
Due to local requirements and regulations the PureFlow SL is not cleared or available for sale in all countries.
Dialysis fluid from pre-filled bags
Pre-filled dialysate bags are an alternative option for home hemodialysis therapy with NxStage® System One.
- By using dialysate bags, patients have the freedom to dialyze wherever they go
Due to local requirements and regulations the dialysis fluid from pre-filled bags is not cleared or available for sale in all countries.
Express Fluid Warmer
The Express Fluid Warmer delivers warmed dialysate from the dialysate bags to the cartridge.
Pre-mixed dialysate bags can be used as an alternative to the PureFlow SL.
- By using an Express Fluid Warmer a pre-warmed dialysate is delivered at the point of care
Due to local requirements and regulations the Express Fluid Warmer is is not cleared or available for sale in all countries.
Benefits of using NxStage® System One
Short training times may encourage patients to start home treatment4
User interface designed for patients
Minor or no home renovations needed
With the NxStage® System One, patients can dialyze almost in any area of their home
Lightweight and with a small footprint, the NxStage® cycler can be easily moved around
There are two methods of dialysate supply, bags or PureFlow SL, which provides flexibility, such as when traveling
More frequent therapy possible at home
With NxStage® System One patients can dialyze when they want and for as long as they want
Dialysis schedule follows patients' daily routines
Treatment performed with the use of a drop-in cartridge
After treatment - remove the cartridge, wipe the device, and it's done!
Find out more about the use of NxStage® System One in our Educational Resources!
You will find training support dedicated to our customers in our Educational Resources.
Log in and enjoy!
1. NxStage System One User Guides, Express Cartridge IFUs.
2. Filter Membrane Webinars part 1&2 nxstageevents.webex.com/nxstageevents/lsr.php 00f5c5a2 Membranes and Filters for Renal Replacement Therapies: Basic Technology and Descriptions (Part 1) nxstageevents.webex.com/nxstageevents/lsr.php, nxstageevents.webex.com/nxstageevents/lsr.php
Membranes and Filters for Renal Replacement Therapies: Basic Technology and Descriptions (Part 2) nxstageevents.webex.com/nxstageevents/lsr.php, Last accessed on February 6, 2020. Membrana GmbH. http://www.membrana.com
3. See the NxStage® System One™ user guide (NC4794, Chapter 7) for environmental requirements for treatment.
4. Gangaram V. et al., Nocturnal home hemodialysis with low-flow dialysate: Retrospective analysis of the first European patients. Hemodial Int. 2020 Apr;24(2):175-181.
* ”NxStage” is a registered trademark of NxStage Medical Inc. in selected countries